Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The State of the Union

As I look back on 2009 I am greatful for all we have.  Our oldest started High School this year and the transition was not difficult at all.  I am glad that he does not really drive a car, that would be scary, but it is fun to see him sit behind the wheel of this 4-wheeler! The smart, pretty one was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society and we are proud of her.  She made the volleyball and basketball team at her school again this year and is continuing to swim on the swim team.  In addition she plays in the school band and has kept the 1st chair clarinet spot so far (knock on wood).  She does not realize how smart and talented she is and she makes it all look so easy. Our youngest, the talker of the family, finished his second year on the football team and was proud to wear the green stripe (only the biggest boys get the green stripe). His position is offensive left tackle.  He plays the violin in the Orchestra at his school, but has informed us that he does not want to do that again next year.  I accentuate the word "that" because when he says it, he says it with disgust as if he is spitting out some bad tasting medicine. He also swims on the swim team and plays on a basketball team.  All in all, it has been a good year. We are thankful for our family, our friends, our home, our health and the fact we have a job!

1 comment:

glee said...

Thanks for the update! I was in Arlington, but my folks seem to never feel up to going to church anymore, so I missed seeing you all again. I am so glad to have a chance to check up via internet and this is so much better than FB, since I can see more pics and learn just what my terrific relatives are up to! I'm proud of them and their accomplishments, but even more proud of the wonderful job you and K are doing guiding them along the way. Hugs and kisses to everyone!!!