Thursday, July 19, 2007

News from the front lines

I can hear the battle from where I sit, typing. Lasers whiz back and forth, bombs explode, shaking the windows. Destruction is everywhere and the noise is deafening. There are more casualties than I care to describe, yet...I am not afraid, because...in a minute, the timer will go off and I will walk into the den and make the announcement that all kids have to get off of the "Lego Star Wars" video game they are playing. There will be groans of agony, howls of protest and pleadings for "just one more minute!"...all to no avail.. I am determined to march my rowdy crowd outside to play! Yes, today this is my battle on the "front lines". It's a battle between good and evil. A battle to manage & monitor the content of all that the kids absorb through TV, video games, movies, books and friends.

Above all things guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Proverbs 4:23

And this is the task at hand...to fill their hearts and minds with all that will cultivate a life fixed on faithfully obeying Gods commands, so that they will serve him with all their heart and soul. Deuteronomy 11:13

Fix these words of mine in your hearts and mind; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home, and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Write them on the door frame of your houses and on your gates, so that your days and the days of your children may be many...Deuteronomy 11:18-20

Pray that I will do just that.

No comments: