Friday, February 1, 2008

Pick Me Pick Me

Have you ever wanted something so badly, but when you got it, it turned out that it wasn't all that great after all? My daughter has experienced that recently. She finally got chosen for Safety Patrol duty. Can you tell she didn't want her picture taken? At first it was a coveted appointment until she realized that she had to be at school 30 minutes earlier than usual, and it has gotten quite chilly around here in the mornings. The prestige of waving a stop sign and blowing a whistle has gone by the wayside, as early morning fatigue sets in. She has four more weeks before she is relieved of duty.

3 comments:

Hol said...

I was a "bus line leader" in elementary school. I don't think it was near as bad as what A is doing though.

We had to line up the kids in the various bus lines, inside the gym.

I stress inside = Michigan.

I remember it being mostly fun and the younger kids looked up to me.

Ah, those were the days. [giggle]

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, I think it's sweet that she wanted to do this. You can use this picture at her graduation party to slightly embarrass her. Very sweet!

Susan said...

Hol, right now she has the front spot infront of the school at the main cross walk, they trade every couple of weeks and her next job may very well be buss line leader. Maybe the weather will warm up a little.
Linda, I do plan on dragging this pic out several years from now at graduation. By then I'm sure she'll think it's funny.