Saturday, March 1, 2008

"Jumping Up and Down Screaming" Wonderful

I don't know about you, but I can fill up an SD card with pictures in no time at all. Digital photos are better than sliced bread in my opinion. The reason I think it's so great is because I admire the technology and ingenuity behind uploading pictures and hurling them across time and space in the blink of an eye, to grandparents and friends near and far. The ease and speed with which that is done is very appealing. As I transferred my pictures from my camera to the computer today, I marveled at the speed with which all of our family activities were cataloged and preserved for who knows how long (hopefully longer that the time we own this computer, thankful for backups). I did pause to reflect on the nagging feeling that time was passing quickly. No other time do I feel that reminder, that time marches by, more strongly than when I look at pictures. If I took all of my digital pictures and scrolled through them from front to back, I could probably view all of them in an hour or two, and in that hour, I could watch the kids grow up before my eyes. A scary thought, but it only reminds me to make the most out of the day that God has given me.

This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

On that note, I would like to share with you the gladness we have enjoyed this past week...

My daughters joy of a personal best in the 200 IM at the swim meet, and my son's joy that the swim meet was over.

The joy of being silly at school in a lip sync contest.

The joy of a family wedding...

and realizing that you won't die if you have to dress up in a suit and tie.

The joy of knowing that chocolate cake awaits you, and that there will be plenty of leftovers, because what you see here is only the grooms cake!

The joy of getting "hard to get" tickets to the most exciting concert of your life and getting "jumping up and down screaming" crazy with your cousin (thank goodness for earplugs).

May God bless you and your family with a "jumping up and down screaming" wonderful week like he has given us.

1 comment:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Lovely family, but LOVELY chocolate cake!