Sunday, September 9, 2007

Inquiring Minds want to know

The first half of this tale, was my previous post about the Molar Mystery. I did sneak into his room with my flashlight to try to see if he had lost a baby tooth (molar). I thought he was completely asleep, he doesn't fake snoring. So I whipped out my flashlight and went to work prying open his mouth so that I could peer inside. Wouldn't you know, he started to stir and roll around, fighting me off in his sleep. I gave up, not wanting to risk waking him up. I'm such a coward. I started having flashbacks of when he was a baby. The one thing that strikes fear in the heart of a tired mother is the alert and wakeful look on her infants face right after a 2:00 am feeding. Those of you who are mothers, know what I'm talking about don't you. Little Juniors ready to get up for the day and play at 2:00 am and mom's so tired she can't see straight. Scary. So I left my child's Molar Mystery for another day. The next morning he would only let me get the tooth brush in his mouth, but wouldn't open it any further. Now I suspect he's hiding something, maybe a tender spot where a tooth used to be?

1 comment:

glee said...

Interesting! Did you ever ask the teacher?

I dont' blame you for not wanting to wake him up completely.

I often wonder how he perceives the world and the people around him. He's a great kid. He's a handful, too, though. You have given him a strong family--full of support and love.